Monday, August 13, 2012

Entry Number 10

It's funny how you can be having the worst day and people comment on how well you are looking.  Think I must have had my mask on today, the one I put on before I walk out the door in the morning.  I so just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep today.



I don't have much to say tonight it seems, I feel kind of numb and there doesn't seem much to say.  Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Got home in time to inject without too much stress, hurt like hell though and is still a little tender.  Probably means I will bruise again.

Dark Side of the Moon is alive and well tonight.


4 comments:

  1. While at the hospital on Sunday a physiotherapist came to see me about how I manage at home, did I get or need help etc. She was a lovely young woman and it amused me when she said "You look so well". She had no idea how much my back was aching sitting/partly lying on that so hard hospital bed. We do put on a different face when we confront people we know or don't know. We are both 'well built' women so our chances of getting any sympathy for chronic complaints that don't show are very unlikely. You have a lovely face which makes people think you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Well built' - that's a nice way to put it - lol. You are right though, it is easier to put on the mask than to show you we really feel. I certainly don't want people's pity either. I just find it funny that I am so good at masking up that it is usually on my worst days that people take the time to comment on how well I look today. But then I did well at drama at school if I remember. xxx

      Delete
  2. I think that in part it is because most people don't notice a lot, and those that do find it hard to say 'You look like crap today' and go on to the magical invisible comment 'Is there anything I can do to help?'
    There seem to be only two or three people who can tell how I am feeling and each of them says it is absolutely obvious. Weird isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, people are so busy with their own issues, they rarely look too close at the next person.

      I have always been good at putting on the mask and it is probably only one or two people who can see through that.

      I suppose there are times when I fail to look to closely as well.

      Delete